At LeaderImpact we are committed to protecting your privacy and want you to feel comfortable using our website(s). We will never willfully sell, trade, rent, disclose or make available personally-identifying information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect the rights or property of LeaderImpact. Please take a moment to read the following policy statement to understand how LeaderImpact collects, uses and safeguards the personal information you provide to us on the website. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Using our website demonstrates your consent to the collection and use of information pursuant to LeaderImpact disclosures in this Policy.
Who we are
LeaderImpact is a ministry of Power to Change Ministries (P2C) which in turn is part of Campus Crusade for Christ International (CCCI), a worldwide evangelistic and discipleship ministry with representative local ministries in over 160 countries. Our organization is comprised of P2C as well as a number of local ministries that operate within P2C. Throughout this document “we” and “ours” refers to the organization as a whole as well as to individual field ministries, and “you” and “yours” refers to any and all ministry partners and public site users.
Our commitment to you
How we protect your information
The security of your information is important to us. P2C has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using P2C websites on a shared or unsecured device.
Some of our systems involve the storage and processing of your personally identifiable information outside of Canada using the services of third party service providers. Although we have undertaken measures, including obtaining contractual commitments, to safeguard your personally identifiable information whenever it is shared with other parties, if your personally identifiable information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions.
However, this does NOT apply to personal data – including sender and/or recipient e-mail addresses — contained in ordinary e-mail notes while these are en route between your computer and our servers, during which time these notes must be considered public data.
We will never send you e-mail notes containing any sensitive or private information such as credit card details, and strongly urge you to never place such information in emails.
The information we collect from or about you
Types of personal information we collect from you
Account Information: When you create an account on any of our sites, request information, purchase materials or donate to P2C or any of our ministries we collect your contact information such as: name, address, phone number, billing address (if different), payment information including credit card information (name, credit card number and credit card expiration date) and optionally an email address.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, contact forms or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
How we use your information
If you visit any one of our websites we may place a cookie on your computer. (See section on cookies for an explanation). In addition, we may collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to calculate aggregate statistical information, to identify general usage records, and to measure traffic patterns for all visitors to our websites. These do not identify individual users but may be used for general statistical and auditing purposes.
We will not sell your personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. P2C may use the information we collect internally within our organization or within our ministries for the following purposes:
- To provide better service to you.
- To personalize your experience on any of our websites.
- To personally contact you if necessary.
- To ensure the effectiveness of our various electronic ministries.
- To promote and encourage support of our ministry activities. We may use your personal information (including email address) to update you about our ministries, notify you about upcoming events and activities you may be interested or to solicit donations from you to further our ministry activities in by purchasing advertising space on third-party websites such as social media sites.
- To provide you with electronic information or printed materials upon request. If you request electronic information or printed material via one of our websites, or if you send us a comment or question via e-mail, we may keep your contact information (including name, address and email address) in a database. This will allow us to send you a reply, fulfill your order or to provide further information pursuant to your request.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, we may send you information, newsletters, or promotions, or otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users interact with both our websites and third-party websites.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
In the event that you reside outside of the country of Canada, we may make this information available to one of our ministries or representatives in your locale so that they may initiate contact with you.
How we share your information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants as well as those who assist us in providing information about our ministry activities.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of P2C, its users, or others.
Cookies, pixels and tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through P2C websites, and to display personalized content and targeted information (including on third party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users across our websites. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics.
Advertising on third-party websites
For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit one of the following third-party websites:
- The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (available in English only)
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out (available in English only)
Giving your consent to collect and use your information
You give us permission to collect and utilize as here described any of this personally identifiable information by making use of any of our online resources, including but not limited to:
- Browsing any of our websites;
- Requesting information or materials via a website;
- Sending us an e-mail;
- Completing a donation through any of our websites;
- Registering for a conference through any of our websites;
- Purchasing materials through any of our websites.
Accessing, updating or deleting your personal information
For security reasons we will require verification of identity before taking any action, and you must be aware that certain information held for legal reasons or operational necessity may not be deleted.
Protecting the privacy of children (under 13)
Although our websites are primarily targeted at adult users, we may also choose to provide online resources for younger persons. Safeguarding the security and privacy of children is of paramount importance. Therefore, we will obtain verifiable parental consent prior to the collection of any personally identifiable information about children and will not knowingly give children the ability to post publicly or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior verifiable parental consent.